We’re seeking strategic thinkers, subject matter experts and those with a passion for innovation and market shaping. We work with clients on a spectrum of difficult international projects and are shaping the future of QuintilesIMS in RWD. You will be based in Copenhagen or Stockholm.
QuintilesIMS believes that the growing use of Real-World Data is one of the most critical developments in life sciences today. With an explosion of new electronic data sources, transformations in technology and new analytic methodologies, QuintilesIMS is investing heavily in growing this part of the business. Our collective expertise across functions, therapeutic areas and disciplines helps our clients understand how to answer their questions by leveraging the best possible information, technology and RWE services. We work with a broad spectrum of internal experts including Strategic Consulting, HEOR, Pharmacoepidemiology, Predictive Analytics and data management to meet our client needs.
You will join a high profile and talented team, focused predominately on expanding our Nordics business. You to support the development and execution of the Nordics RWD portfolio strategy through collaboration and individual leadership.
Leadership is at the very core of this role. Your success will be defined on how you work with the team deliver difficult, multi-country projects and lead initiatives as part of the Nordics RWI management team. In addition, you will be responsible for engaging headquarters clients to develop custom RWI solutions, developing innovative product offerings and leveraging latest innovation in technology to develop value added solutions.
• Strategy setting and market building
o Take a leadership role in implementing RWI business vision and objectives and supporting the strategic development of the business.
o Identify new opportunities to address market needs for health informatics products and platforms.
o Identify and frame partnership and other partnership/acquisition opportunities.
o Build and maintain external stakeholder relationships to promote QuintilesIMS market positioning, access to data and relationships with key influencing groups.
o Contribute to the development of the QuintilesIMS thought leadership and innovation agenda.
• Client leadership and project delivery
o Consult with customers to fully understand their needs, develop high quality proposals to address these needs and lead project delivery.
o Engage senior leaders at key accounts to drive overall RWI service growth opportunities.
o Lead teams of RWI professionals in the design, development and delivery of complex RWI products to a high standard which meet or exceed client expectations.
o Engage closely and supervise cross-functional QuintilesIMS teams to ensure the full complement of QuintilesIMS capabilities and solutions reach customers.
• Capabilities building and people leadership
o Expand capabilities and capacity in patient data assets and networks, healthcare intelligence tools and commercial and scientific services.
o Responsibility for line management, coaching, mentoring and the development of more junior employees as well as participating in recruitment activities.
Principals will usually be leading client engagements for 5+ projects, while managing a delivery team of 3-5 consultants per project.
• Proven experience in healthcare / life sciences or the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Leadership experience in Healthcare with focus on data, technology and analytics including working with senior clients.
• Managing teams to deliver client work to high quality and standards.
• Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and clients, to decision points.
• Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships.
Technical skills and knowledge
• Good understanding of the types of analyses conducted in healthcare databases.
• Word and PowerPoint competent, the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
• Deep commercial awareness of the health care, health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience.
• Fluency in English and excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
Personal skills and behaviours
• Capable of closing large client proposals and internal projects, including being able to influence decision makers.
• The ability to take on a leadership role within the QuintilesIMS organisation and to take the initiative.
• A collaborative team member capable of getting the best out of people and making the most of a diverse set of skills.
• Strong capability in managing projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes.
• Experience of working in sizable/multi-disciplined teams and supervising / guiding junior team members.
• Experience of developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
• Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
• Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
• BA/BSc from a top university, preferably in a relevant and / or numerate subject e.g. economics, life sciences, chemistry, engineering etc.
• A postgraduate qualification in life sciences, business or computer science discipline is desirable although not essential.
• Spoken and written fluency in a Nordic language (e.g., Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish); additional languages an advantage.
• Experience in a management consulting firm in any industry is an asset
• Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques would be desirable.
• Experience of SAS analytics would be desirable.
• A solid track record of extra-curricular achievement.
• A track record of driving HQ/global deals, aligned with suitable offerings development experience.
• A track record of thought leadership, publications and public speaking.
• Overall understanding of different technology domains (infrastructure, architecture, analytics applications) and experience of managing technology programs.
• Understanding of and interest in the international health care environment and direct experience in multiple countries.
• A willingness and ability to travel.
Don’t hesitate to send your CV and cover letter to Daniel Engblom: DEngblom@se.imshealth.com